(1) As a human resources recruiter you have informed several hiring managers of the importance of employment laws. The hiring managers have asked you some follow up questions and would like you to prepare a white sheet to assist them with the hiring process. The following laws were discussed:
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Equal Pay Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
Prepare a 750-word that answers the following questions:
- Why should OSHA compliance be incorporated in a job description or a job posting?
- How could EEO laws be used to attract and select interview candidates?
- How could ADA laws be used in the job application process?
(2) Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
A hiring manager needs your advice and assistance in filling several customer service representative positions. As a human resource recruiter, you must sit down with the hiring manager and collect some particular data for a job analysis, which you will use to create a detailed job description to attract candidates who meet the job requirements.
Research and focus your discussion on the following:
- Discuss the importance of a job analysis.
- Provide the set of steps to take when conducting a job analysis.
- Describe 2 methods of data collection that you would use (interviews, observations, historical data, questionnaires, focus groups, or case studies) for the job analysis of a customer service representative position.
(3) In the previous Discussion Board assignment, you were working with a hiring manager to assist in collecting particular data for a job analysis. You will now create a detailed job description to attract qualified candidates for several customer service representative positions.
Research the customer service representative job description using the O*Net Database and create a PowerPoint presentation of at least 4 slides (with 200–250 words of speaker notes per slide) plus title and reference slide that addresses the following:
- Describe 5 qualifications that should be found in a customer service representative job description.
- What level of education should be necessary for a customer service representative, and why?
- What kinds of job experience should the customer service representative have, and why?
- What skills should the customer service representative demonstrate to be successful in the position?