Adolescents Suicide is the topi
NAME OF PAPER IS TOPIC SEARCH STRATEGY
GROUP TOPIC ::::ADOLESCENTS SUICIDE
1) ATTACHED IS SAMPLE OF TEMPLATE OF HOW THE PAPER SHOULD BE WRITTEN
2. NAME OF TWO ARTICES I FOUND ::: Exploring adolescents’ perspectives on and experiences with post-primary school-based suicide prevention a meta-ethnography protocol & Improving Suicide Prevention Through Evidenced-Based Strategies: A Systematic Review
c. Please make sure you do not duplicate articles within your group.
d. Paper should be 3-4 content pages in length. Title and reference pages are required but are excluded from 3-4 -page length.
2) The paper will include the following sections:
a. Clinical Question (45 points/28%)
• Describe the problem. What is the focus of your group’s work?
• Explain the significance of the problem in terms of patient outcomes. What health outcomes result from your problem? Or what statistics document this is a problem? You may find support on websites for government or professional organizations.
• PICOT question in support of the group topic.
• State the purpose of your paper. What will your paper do or describe? This is like a problem
statement. “The purpose of this paper is to . . .”
b. Levels of Evidence (20 points/13%)
• Identify the type of question being asked (therapy, prognosis, meaning, etc.).
• What is the best type of evidence to answer that question (e.g., RCT, cohort study, qualitative study, etc.)?
c. Search Strategy (65 points/41%)
ARTICLE FOUND on >>>>> HHS Public Access Author manuscript Am J Psychiatry. Author manuscript; available in PMC 2022 July 01. &
Walsh et al. Systematic Reviews (2023) 12:4
• List search terms and results.
• Databases used (start with the CU library). Link your search with the PICOT question described above.
• Refinement decisions. As you did your search, what decisions did you make in refinement to get your required articles down to a reasonable number for review? Were any limits used? If so, what?
• Identification of two (2) most relevant articles (primary sources published within the last 5 years).
d. Format (30 points/18%)
• Correct grammar and spelling.
• Include a title page.
• Use of headings for each section.
Clinical Question, Levels of Evidence, Search Strategy, and Conclusion
• Adheres to current APA formatting and guidelines.
• 3-4 pages in length, excluding title and reference pages.
For writing assistance, visit the Writing Center.
Expert Solution Preview
The topic of adolescents’ suicide is of great importance in the field of medicine and mental health. It is crucial for medical college students to develop a deep understanding of this issue to effectively address it in their future practice. In this assignment, students are required to conduct a literature search and develop a research paper on adolescents’ suicide. The paper should cover various aspects, including the clinical question, levels of evidence, search strategy, and overall format.
a. Clinical Question:
The focus of our group’s work is to explore and understand adolescents’ perspectives on and experiences with post-primary school-based suicide prevention. This involves examining the effectiveness of interventions and strategies implemented in schools to prevent suicides among adolescents. By understanding the effectiveness of such approaches, we aim to improve the outcomes of suicide prevention efforts targeting this vulnerable population.
The significance of this problem is evident in the alarming statistics surrounding adolescent suicide rates. According to data from government and professional organizations, suicides are one of the leading causes of death among adolescents. This highlights the urgent need for effective prevention strategies that can be implemented in educational settings. By addressing this issue, we can potentially save numerous lives and improve the overall mental health outcomes of adolescents.
The PICOT question in support of our group topic is: “In adolescents, what are the experiences and perspectives regarding post-primary school-based suicide prevention interventions, and what is the impact of these interventions on reducing suicidal ideation and behaviors?”
The purpose of our paper is to provide a comprehensive review of the existing literature on adolescents’ perspectives and experiences with post-primary school-based suicide prevention interventions. We aim to highlight the effectiveness of evidence-based strategies in reducing suicidal ideation and behaviors among adolescents.
b. Levels of Evidence:
The type of question being asked in our research is related to the effectiveness of interventions, which falls under the therapy category. To answer this question, the best type of evidence would be a systematic review of relevant studies, as it provides a comprehensive synthesis of the available literature. By examining multiple studies together, systematic reviews offer a higher level of evidence and enable us to make more informed conclusions.
c. Search Strategy:
To conduct our literature search, we utilized various databases, starting with the CU library. Our search terms included “adolescents,” “suicide prevention,” “school-based interventions,” and “experiences and perspectives.” Using these terms, we obtained a considerable number of initial results.
In order to refine our search, we made some key decisions. Firstly, we focused on primary sources published within the last 5 years to ensure the relevance and currency of the information. Additionally, we limited our search to articles published in reputable peer-reviewed journals to ensure the quality of the evidence.
After refinement, we identified two relevant articles that are highly applicable to our research question. These articles are:
1. “Exploring adolescents’ perspectives on and experiences with post-primary school-based suicide prevention: a meta-ethnography protocol”
2. “Improving Suicide Prevention Through Evidence-Based Strategies: A Systematic Review”
In terms of format, it is essential to adhere to current APA formatting and guidelines. The paper should have correct grammar and spelling. It should include a title page, and each section should have appropriate headings, such as Clinical Question, Levels of Evidence, Search Strategy, and Conclusion. The paper should be 3-4 content pages in length, excluding the title and reference pages.