After reading Chapters 3 and 4 answer the following questions and submit your responses in a word document.
- Explain the Hawala system, its origins, and what are the advantages that would make this system appealing to terrorists
- Describe the three primary reasons that traditional financial criminal investigative techniques are ineffective. What is your view on why these investigative techniques are not effective? Explain your view.
- Describe the three major categories that help explain the structure of financing. Illustrate how terrorist utilize these three categories.
- Explain how the Internet has become a tool for fraud. Provide a specific example.
- Explain Edward Herman’s view on the social construction of reality and political bias when examining the media. Provide an example illustrating his view.
- Describe Anat Shoshoni and Michelle Sloan’s research on anxiety and attitude in regard to terrorism reporting. Provide your personal analysis of his research.
- Discuss the infotainment telesector; how does it negatively affect homeland security? Provide examples to support your answer.
- According to the text, how is the Internet used for recruiting, training, and target selection? In answering the question, provide examples of each.
- What, according to the text, is the essence of the drama pattern? List and explain the different type of TV drama patterns.
- Explain the tension between the media and the government, police and security forces. Provide an example.