Part one: Summarize the “cross-cultural constructions of murder.”
Part two: Summarize the “history of murder in the United States.”
Part three: How do “positivistic” social scientists use the concept of “social capital” to explain varying rates of murder across communities?
Part four: How do “interactional” social scientists seek to understand the situations in which murders occur?
The posts will be graded according to the following criteria:
- Relevance: the ideas expressed indicate that the student has read and comprehended the assigned material.
- Clarity, coherence: the ideas are stated clearly and coherently.
- Critical thinking: there is evidence that the student has adequately analyzed, synthesized, and evaluated the assigned material.
- Poses a question for discussion: the posting articulates a question for discussion that pertains to the assigned material.
- Spelling, grammar: the posting must meet university-level standards of spelling and grammar.
- Length: each submission must be no less than 250 words in length; there is no maximum length.The word count must be listed at the end of each post.