The collection of evidence is an activity that occurs with an endgame in mind. For example, law enforcement professionals collect evidence to support a decision to charge those accused of criminal activity. Similarly, evidence-based healthcare practitioners collect evidence to support decisions in pursuit of specific healthcare outcomes.
In this Assignment, you will identify an issue or opportunity for change within your healthcare organization and propose an idea for a change in practice supported by an EBP approach.
- Reflect on the four peer-reviewed articles you critically appraised in Module 4, related to your clinical topic of interest and PICOT.
- Reflect on your current healthcare organization and think about potential opportunities for evidence-based change, using your topic of interest and PICOT as the basis for your reflection.
The Assignment: (Evidence-Based Project)
Part 5: Recommending an Evidence-Based Practice Change
Create an 8- to 9-slide PowerPoint presentation in which you do the following:
- Briefly describe your healthcare organization, including its culture and readiness for change. (You may opt to keep various elements of this anonymous, such as your company name.)
- Describe the current problem or opportunity for change. Include in this description the circumstances surrounding the need for change, the scope of the issue, the stakeholders involved, and the risks associated with change implementation in general.
- Propose an evidence-based idea for a change in practice using an EBP approach to decision making. Note that you may find further research needs to be conducted if sufficient evidence is not discovered.
- Describe your plan for knowledge transfer of this change, including knowledge creation, dissemination, and organizational adoption and implementation.
- Describe the measurable outcomes you hope to achieve with the implementation of this evidence-based change.
- Be sure to provide APA citations of the supporting evidence-based peer-reviewed articles you selected to support your thinking.
- Add a lessons learned section that includes the following:
- A summary of the critical appraisal of the peer-reviewed articles you previously submitted
- An explanation about what you learned from completing the Evaluation Table within the Critical Appraisal Tool Worksheet Template (1-3 slides)
Expert Solution Preview
As a medical professor, it is crucial to teach students the importance of evidence-based practice (EBP) in the healthcare industry. In this assignment, students will identify an issue or opportunity for change within their healthcare organization and propose an idea for a change in practice supported by an EBP approach. The objective of this assignment is to encourage students to use critical thinking skills to evaluate evidence and make decisions based on the most current and reliable information available.
What is the purpose of this assignment?
The purpose of this assignment is to have students identify a problem or opportunity for change within their healthcare organization and propose an evidence-based idea for a change in practice using an EBP approach to decision making. Students must describe their plan for knowledge transfer and organizational adoption and implementation, as well as the measurable outcomes they hope to achieve with the implementation of the evidence-based change. Additionally, students will include a lessons learned section, incorporating critical appraisal of peer-reviewed articles and what they learned from completing the Evaluation Table within the Critical Appraisal Tool Worksheet Template.
#collection #evidence #activity #occurs #endgame