Using the internet, search for information regarding common spreadsheet errors and consequences. Choose at least two types of errors. Your post should include a discussion of the error, an example of the consequence(s), and proposed a method(s) for prevention.
Examples of typical Spreadsheet errors:
· Improper or incorrect formulas used
· Data entered or copied incorrectly
· New data posted, Excel model did not update correctly
Please respond to the discussion question with one original post and at least two substantial replies to other students. A substantial reply is considered a post which moves our discussion forward and deepens our understanding of the material. You may wish to post a probing question (i.e. How would your model apply in ____ context? What would happen if we changed ______?) or by adding new information (i.e. This is similar to _____ because ______). Posts which simply state “Way to go Bob!” or “I thought the same thing.” do not deepen our understanding and will not earn full credit.
For your journal entry for this module, please address the following questions:
1. What strengths did you demonstrate in this module? Was this material new to you? If not, were you able to make connections to what you knew before?
2. Identify areas/skills where you see a need to improve.
3. Share at least one insight you gained from working through this module.
Also, please add any questions you have about the material.